The first time Chris (CEO, co-founder) and I discussed creating an application that could “gamify” chores, we settled on ChoreMonster as a placeholder name until we found something we liked better. The very first logo I created has changed very little, other than simplifying shapes, balancing letters, and improving readability. The goal of the logo was to create a fun, playful mark that focused on kids.
Initially I envisioned the environment of ChoreMonster to be an actual world (for the kids version of the app), giving the monsters a place to dwell. Over time that focus shifted but the color palette was robust and varied enough to keep.